GoBike is much more than a bike. The handlebars are fitted with a tablet PC which is constantly updated with a range of relevant information and functions:
- Navigation (route planning and navigation with map display)
- Real time information about train departures – and integration to ticket systems
- Real time information about activities in the area
- Real time information about available bikes and docking stations
- Access to a wide range of databases with relevant information in real time
The user will enjoy a much better and more integrated travelling experience. GoBikes intuitive systems help the user all the way – thus ensuring that the user reaches his/her destination in the most pleasant and efficient way. Through integration to a range of databases, GoBike also contributes to optimising the journey – not only for the individual GoBike user but for the city as a whole.
Through the tablet PC, the city and its NGOs get a communication channel to users on the bike. They can show the user relevant information of any kind – at the relevant times and geographical locations.
Bikes from GoBikes have undergone years of development – aimed at creating the best rental bike in the world. Choice of design and materials has been followed by tough prototype and customer tests. Two main objectives have pervaded this process:
- To ensure optimum operational stability
- To ensure optimum customer comfort
The bikes are modularly built – and for simplicity they consist of very few modules which are easy to replace. If a bike breaks down, the GoBike service team –managed by G4S – will in most cases be able to repair the bike on the spot within few minutes.
A range of innovative solutions also characterise bikes from GoBikes:
- All cables run inside the frame
- The cardan shaft drive has no external oiled parts
- Light is built into the frame
- Saddle height is adjusted by means of gas assistance – as known from office chairs.
- The bikes are prepared for upgrading to electric bikes
The bikes are made of 100% aluminium. So are rims and other spare parts. This means that the bikes are fully resistant to the Danish climate.
Bikes from GoBikes are designed as an aluminium unisex model and come with a cardan shaft drive. Cables, light, etc. are built into the frame to prevent vandalism. The saddle is adjusted via gas pressure – and when the saddle is adjusted, the angle to the handlebars automatically adjusts to ensure optimum ergonomical sitting posture. Tyres are puncture-proof – guaranteed for 15,000 km. The bike has front and rear loading platforms.
The GoBike solution – bikes as well as docking stations – is prepared for upgrading to electric bikes. The "manual bikes" can be upgraded simply by mounting just two additional parts: Motor in front wheel and control lever on the handlebars.
The bikes are recharged by placing them in the docking stations – right from the start these are live and prepared for electric bikes.